Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cake Number 5

I'm really not much of a cake decorator. I want it to look good and all (things always taste better that look pretty, am I right?), but I just can't really get behind the idea of spending hours to decorate something that will be eaten in about 2 minutes by a bunch of unobservant five year-olds. When I saw this idea, I knew it was the cake for me! Simple and cute.

Once again, sorry for the poor quality pictures, I decorated this right as the guests were arriving (which is why this cake idea is so great, it only takes a few minutes to do), so I didn't have a chance to get a great picture of it.

Basically you ice the cake, the lay a piece of paper, whatever number or letter you're using in the center and carefully spoon the sprinkles all over the exposed icing. I learned pretty quick to just do a few sprinkles at a time, or else they just bounce off the cake and all over the counter. It helps to gently squish them into the icing too, so they stay in place. After the cake is covered remove the paper template and you're done!


Here's the birthday boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment